Dear players! Dear friends of World Wide Seniors Tennis!
Welcome to the official website of the ITF World Team & Individual Championships for Super Seniors 2013! As you already know the Seniors World Championship Team event will take place in Carinthia (Austria) from 9th to 14th September, while the Individual Competition will be played from the 15th to 22nd September. Due to a large expected participation, the event will be played in a total of 3 host cities: in the state capital Klagenfurt, in Pörtschach (the epicentre of Austrian seniors tennis) and the beautiful spa region of Warmbad-Villach.
For the second time after 2002, where Velden acted as host city, the World Championships are to be hosted by the Austrian Tennis Federation. The ITF- Cups will be played on red clay at various clubs throughout the city. As an inaugural member of the ITF, it is an especially great pleasure to host an event of such magnitude in the year of centennial celebrations of the International Tennis Federation.
In the region of Pörtschach the competition of the following categories will be played: Women’s 70 Singles and Doubles, Men’s 60 Singles and Doubles, Men’s 70 Singles and Doubles Mixed 60, Mixed 70. The following age group categories will be played in the Klagenfurt region: Women’s 60 Singles and Doubles, Women’s 65 Singles and Doubles, Men’s 65 Singles and Doubles Mixed 65. The following age groups will be played in the Warmbad-Villach region: Women’s 75 Singles and Doubles, Women’s 80 Singles and Doubles, Women’s 85 Singles and Doubles, Men’s 75 Singles and Doubles Men’s 80 Singles and Doubles, Men’s 85 Singles and Doubles Mixed 75, Mixed 80, Mixed 85.
The ITF Super-Seniors World Individual & Team Championships is the highest ranked event on the ITF Seniors Circuit for male and female players for the age categories of 60-80, as well as the category of men´s 85. The tournament offers singles and doubles as well as a consolation draw for singles first round losers. Ranking points are available in the singles main draw and consolation. The last edition in 2012, the Super-Seniors World Individual Championships was held from 16th to 23rd September in Umag, Croatia and the defending champions are:
- V60: Andrew RAE (AUS)
- V65: Petr KOLACEK (SUI)
- V70: Peter POKORNY (AUT)
- V75: Frantisek CECH (CZE)
- V80: Lorne MAIN (CAN)
- V85: Jose CASTELLANO DEL CAMPO (CHI)
- V60: Max BATES (AUS) / Quentin MAISEY (NZL)
- V65: Jorge CAMINA BORDA (ESP) / Jairo VELASCO RAMIREZ (ESP)
- V70: Giancarlo MILESI (ITA) / Peter POKORNY (AUT)
- V75: Klaus FUHRMANN (GER) / Folker SEEMANN (GER)
- V80: Robert BARWICK (AUS) / John O’BRIEN (AUS)
- V85: Michael NOVIK (RUS) / Angelo SALA (ITA)
- V60: Tina KARWASKY (USA)
- V65: Gail BENEDETTI (FRA)
- V70: Heide ORTH (GER)
- V75: Inge WEBER (CAN)
- V80: Muffie GRIEVE (CAN)
- V60: Mary GINNARD (USA) / Tina KARWASKY (USA)
- V65: Petro KRUGER (RSA) / Barbara VON ENDE (GER)
- V70: Judy HANCY (AUS) / Margaret WAYTE (AUS)
- V75: Kathy LANGER (USA) / Lyn TIETZ (USA)
- V80: Rosemarie ASCH (CAN) / Huguette FONTAINE (CAN)
- V60: Radomila MARTINICOVA (CZE) / Bruno RENOULT (FRA)
- V65: Hans ADAMA VAN SCHELTEMA (NED) / Carol CAMPLING (AUS)
- V70: Charleen HILLEBRAND (USA) / Bruce REHN (AUS)
- V75: Silvio LINZBAUER (GER) / Elisabeth VAN BOEMMEL (GER)
- V80: Joyce JONES (USA) / Saul SNYDER (USA)
We wish all the players a safe and pleasant journey to Austria, and are always a happy to receive feed back on our website.
ITF-WORLD TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS SUPER SENIORS